Ms Iris Koh has joined us as Advisor. Being a musician, she provides another perspective among the other more technically inclined members of management or advisors. Under the umbrella of Katalyst, she would be heading her own blockchain token.
Iris is an accomplished pianist, music director, choral conductor, vocal coach and composer. She has worked extensively with the local and international schools in Singapore with experiences in choral, classroom, piano and voice methodologies.
She was a child musical prodigy and won herself a scholarship with Yamaha Music School when she was 11 years old and performed all over Singapore. She was also one of the youngest organist at the Church of the Holy Cross where she played and led the rehearsals the Holy Cross Junior Choir for 7 years when she was 11 years old.
She graduated from the Elder Conservatorium (University of Adelaide) with a B.Mus majoring in Musicology while also being a pianist at the Elder Conservatorium Wind Ensemble and did extra studies in Music Composition at Flinders Music
Her achievements and accolades so far include:
1. Winner of the Von Trapp Family Singers, 2005. The judges were the Sound of Music cast travelling to Singapore for the performance. Winners receive tour to Vienna.
2. Artistic Director of launch of President’s Challenge 2006.
3. Outstanding Contribution award as CCA instructor from CHIJ Our Lady of Good Counsel. (2006).
4. Most Promising Choir Award at the International Choral Competition Shah Alam, Cantilena Girls’ Choir (2005)
5. Musical Director for Singapore’s first television musical, School House Rockz, 2008
6. Performed and wrote an original song for TEDx Women 2009, called Shoe Stories.
From 2010-2016, Iris spent a large part of her time to learn business management, funding and consultancy working alongside her husband and partner Raymond Ng in Candle Consulting / Get Funding. She believes that this valuable time in learning about business will be very important in the next stage of her career as she builds ChorusArt Pte Ltd to be the leading edutainment company in Singapore, capable of making a mark on the world stage.
For those who are interested to be updated with respect to Katalyst, please fill up the following form.